I am George
Wife of almost 40 years to my Handsome Hubby
Mother to 2 Wonderful Sons, and 1 Beautiful Daughter - Amazing, Gifted People
Grammy to 7 Fantastic Kiddos, 3 girls, 4 boys ... Uh Oh, the girls are in trouble now!!! And one more boy on the way...hmmm...
MIL to 2 Terrific DIL's and 1 Special-to-my-heart SIL - all oozing with talent and passion
Daughter of the King...Follower of Jesus Christ

I'm not sure how I "earned" the title of George, because it's not even close to my real name, but nonetheless, I am George now. It's my hubby's "pet" name for me, but it's taken years for me to settle in to it. Now my "given name" is relegated pretty much to legal documents and serious conversations at home.

In case you're wondering why "George", well you'd have to ask my sweetie...he who renames most every one and everything in his life. But I'm pretty sure it means "honey" or "sweetheart" or something gooshy and wonderful. At least that's what I tell myself.

The whole story is archived on my personal blog page, listed above as "My Blog", but I wanted it as a matter of record, I am George, and the "Gems" are designed by me.

As far as the jewelry goes, this business came out of a bittersweet time in my life when God took a time of sadness and loss and turned it to beauty. Amazing how He does that! As a result, He put the desire in my heart to make beautiful pieces that would not only make women feel pretty on the outside, but pieces that could to be a touchpoint for God's love and beauty in the wounded or empty nooks or crannies of the wearer's life.

I pray over each piece during their design and construction, asking God to touch the wearer and bless them wherever there is need. And He says that if you ask according to His will, He will do it. Having partnered with Him in my life over alot of years, I can say with confidence that His will is to bless, to forgive, to love, and to restore. And - YAY - that IS who Jesus is for us all - a restorer and a rescuer. He paid the ultimate price of His life so that we could have a restored relationship with the Father, our Creator. God's desire is to have an amazingly loving relationship with us, so I know that when I ask Him, He is thrilled to impart His love into every life...the cool thing is that He chooses the "how" and the "when"...so you have a surprise just waiting to happen. Keep your eyes open...He never seems to be early, but He is never late!!!

So, truly, Gems by George has a significance besides the fact that you will love your jewelry...you get a blessing to boot! It's not a gimick...it came right out of God's heart for you.